Mental Health First Aid (Wales)
Course length: 2 days (27th and 28th of June at Gwent Archives, Ebbw Vale)
Cost £99 per person
Why take the course?
In a mental health crisis situation, your timely actions may determine how quickly a person gets help and/or recovers. In most settings these days it is likely you will come across more mental health problems such as depression, anxiety and stress than you would physical health problems. Having the mental health first aid training to deal with these issues as they appear helps you to understand, support and provide assistance to those who need it most.
The MHFA (Wales) course will teach you how to:
- recognise when a person might need help and the best way to approach them.
- save a life by learning basic suicide intervention skills.
- protect your own and other people’s mental health.
Mental Health problems are more frightening for the individual in crisis so when a person has a mental health problem what they need most is someone who can:
- Listen calmly to their feelings and fears
- Give some simple information
- Tell them where to get appropriate help, guidance and support
Contact us to book your place
Event Timeslots (1)
Between the 27th and 28th of June - training for individuals, organisations or anyone interested in supporting people through a mental health crisis