What is Co-CREATE?
Co-CREATE is an evidence based and fully co-produced model which has been co-designed specifically for understanding practitioner/participant engagement. Co-CREATE supports partnership focussed approaches for group/individual engagement while also showing how we can develop personal – as well as accredited outcomes. Through Co-CREATE, we coach practitioners and participants alike to recognise that the tools for engagement exist with the individual – with their personal experiences and interests. Co-CREATE then uses participant generated research in order to explore and then to apply this individual experience to new opportunities. Contact us for more information.
RecoverED offers formative (non-accredited) Co-CREATE Training. Each session runs for approximately 2-3 hours and includes discussion, practical exercises and exploration of key themes in service provision. The sessions below can be studied as a block or otherwise studied as individual sessions. Each session is influenced by an acute understanding of co-creation, co-production, and how these apply to recovery, educational practice and theory.
- Principles of recovery
- A critical understanding of the relationship between recovery and co-production
- Building fit-for-purpose learning pathways in service provision
- Exploring group facilitation skills
- Report writing – the purposes of
- A philosophical encounter with identity and mental illness
What you will gain from attending these sessions?
Co-CREATE is an interactive exploration of the critical and practical understanding of participant engagement, recovery and the stigma which still surrounds discussions of mental illness. Each participant will leave with a practical understanding of the Co-CREATE toolkit and how this can support a participant’s professional practice in the development of participant centred engagement. Participants will also have an opportunity to explore what good practice and effective decision making might be when discussing participant focussed engagement, education, recovery and co-creation.
Consultants working in partnership with community groups and third sector organisations, RecoverED offers participant and ‘service user’ informed evaluation services. Please contact us for more information or for an informal discussion where we can explore your organisation’s needs.
- Mental Health and educational engagement – foundation work
- Strategies for participant research and engagement
- Creating partnerships and networks for progression (Widening participation)
- Pedagogy and research (evidence building engagement)
Contact us for more specific information for each specialism and the advice areas we cover.
RecoverED delivers the MHFA (Wales)
The Mental Health First Aid (Wales) is an international training programme which teaches participants how to help someone who is experiencing a mental health problem. Like traditional first aid, MHFA (Wales) does not teach participants how to treat or diagnose mental health or substance use issues. Instead, the MHFA (Wales) training helps participants to understand and support those most in need.
MHFA (Wales) is delivered over a 12 hour period where upon completion participants will:
- have improved mental health literacy
- helps participants recognise the signs and symptoms of someone with a mental health problem
- practical tools and techniques for supporting others with a mental health problem increasing confidence in responding to various situations where individuals might have a mental health.
In short, the MHFA (Wales) training encourages us to engage with, support and signpost people to appropriate professional help and support, as well as exploring some self-help techniques. To locate a course near you or if you wish to have more information, please contact us.
Shorter awareness sessions
If taking two days out your busy schedule is a challenge then you might be interested in our piloted and tested 3 hour or full day awareness sessions. Designed specifically to increase awareness around mental health and wellbeing but also the role and function everyone has in supporting good mental health. To locate a course near you or if you wish to have more information, please contact us.
RecoverED Coaching Services
As a qualified coaching service, RecoverED can offer specialist recovery focussed coaching building upon personal and educational aspirations. RecoverED coaches outside of traditional therapeutic models and concentrates more towards helping participants to achieve goals and ambitions. At RecoverED we will support:
1. people to succeed in their recovery, their learning and their futures.
2. People to explore new opportunities and discover new ideas and strengths.
3. People to find new ventures and to change support priorities for recovery.